Letchworth camping trip

One of my favorite hobbies

Sunday, July 3, 2011

BSC #29 Entry

This one got away from me like a runaway train!  I'd been stuck for inspiration with these pics, then it came in the form of the Beary Scrap girls' sketch challenge.  Well, then I had to pull out my Cricut and cut the January, mittens, and hats.   And play with a snow border punch I've had a while, and some of the great seam binding (from The Beary Scrap, of course).  The seam binding was too wide, so I folded it in half and stuck it together with ScorTape.  The blue was a tad too light, so of course the chalk came out.  The Cats Eye chalks worked well on the seam binding and then naturally had to do the edges of the mittens and hats.  Thanks, Jamie for the idea of using the ribbon to "hold" the pics, although mine's more of a pile.  (and I'm glad I didn't notice your cute brads until after I was done!) It took a lot of caffeine to stay up late and work in the peace and quiet of the late night hours.  Finally it's done.  Drumroll please, here is my entry for The Beary Scrap's July Sketch challenge #29.  

5 comments:

  1. Great layout, Pat! Pretty slick to use Score-Tape on the seam binding. Thanks for playing along with our Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge and blog candy - good luck!

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, this is awesome! I love all your die cuts and LOVE how you used the sketch as the space for your journaling. Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing in our Beary Sweet Challenge, hope to see you on the next one too!

    Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Pat I love how you made the sketch a journal very pretty. Thank you for playing with us again at The Beary Scrap.
    ~Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute layout. Thanks so much for joining us at the Beary Scrap! Good luck.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete